Monday, February 1, 2010

Limited Bedrest... YIKES!

After some concern about my weight fluctuations in the past couple of weeks I decided to give my midwife a call this morning to make sure everything seemed normal.

The first person I spoke to was her nurse who informed me that they see it a lot in this stage of pregnancy and not to worry.  She would run it by the midwife and if she had other things to say then she would give me a call...

The midwife called me back later and told me that I needed to start taking it a little easy from here on out.  She called it "limited bedrest."  She said that they were already concerned about me being so under weight when I started the pregnancy so they wanted to make sure the baby was well taken care of and nourished.  I haven't had a huge appetite lately because my stomach is being pushed against other things which doesn't leave much room for food.  However, she told me not to worry because Connor's vitals are still perfect and he is still very active inside me.  So this means that I am safe to travel home for the baby shower, but I am not going to be doing much more than that.  I have intentions on seeing a couple of people while I am home but nothing that takes me more than about 30 minutes to drive and see.  Once I get back here from my travels I will have another appointment and she will make more decisions at that point.  She just wants to take precautions so I don't throw myself into pre-term labor!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! :)

Less than three months until Connor's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment