Friday, March 5, 2010

It's becoming a reality, rather than a dream!

I am finishing my 33rd week of being pregnant! Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and all is well with Connor! His heart beat is right on track and his growth is perfect. I go again in three weeks and then weekly after that. I have less than a handful of appointments left before he arrives which makes things seem very real instead of very much a distant dream.

While at the doctor yesterday I received pre-admittance paperwork for labor and delivery. I filled it out as soon as I got home, of course. It all has to do with getting Connor's birth certificate lined up properly, social security card generated as fast as possible, and all those other little details in between. Talk about exciting!! My name is going to be in the "Mother" part of his birth certificate (DUH)... and that is just unreal to me. I always dreamed of being a Mom one day and that day is so close that I can almost reach out and grasp it now. It's truly a miracle in itself!

Last night marked our first of three childbirth classes. Don and I were both a little skeptical because the Army doesn't always do things in the proper manor. They always take unnecessary shortcuts. With that being said we were both blown away by the information given to us at the first class. We were given handouts from the start in which Don started reading right away (this was a shocker to me because him and reading voluntarily is something new). Every time he came across something interesting or something he would have never guessed he nudged me to point it out. On a not so surprising note... most of what was given to us were things that I was already familiar with because I am a research addict and have done my reading about babies, pregnancy, parenting, etc. I was just really glad that Don was so into all of the information that was being offered to us. We are both looking forward to the second class.

I am currently working on a birthing plan and will post that for everyone to see at a later date. Much of it might surprise some of you.... but I can't give any of that away yet. I can't wait to hear your responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment