Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One Jellybean!

Well today marked the second visit to the doctor for the baby!  After waiting over an hour (why did I even bother to make an appointment a month ago) I finally saw my Certified Nurse Midwife (that's what the Army uses for low-risk pregnancies up until the end of the pregnancy or if something goes wrong during the pregnancy... so I hope I don't see an actual doctor for awhile).  She was an awesome lady and made me feel very comfortable. 

So here is the full update from the appointment:

My heart rate: 126/85
My weight: 113 (didn't gain any weight from the last appointment... they didn't like that but it isn't really an issue)
Temperature: 98.5
My blood type: B+
My due date: April 20, 2010 (still the same as predicted before)
Weeks Along:  10 weeks 6 days (however, after she checked me out she thinks I am actually in my 11th week BUT is still going to leave my due date where it is... if I "pop" early then I do)
Blood tests:  ALL NORMAL

Okay so enough about my vitals and such... here is the fun part!

I also got to hear the baby's heart beat!  It was probably the NUMBER 1 coolest thing I have ever experienced, nothing even comes close.  She asked me if I drank any coffee or anything this morning which I hadn't.  Her reason for asking is because the baby wouldn't sit still, she could barely keep her little wand on the "active little one" (her exact words).  However, I did eat chocolate chip cookies in the waiting room because I have to have a lot of snacks throughout the day (or I will get sick).  She thinks that was probably the cause but I am going to go with the baby is taking after me, already shaking the booty ;).  Although she says it is a good thing the baby is reacting to different foods in that way... I guess the baby likes chocolate chip cookies!  Good thing because I wasn't planning on giving them up in my life time!

I will be setting up my gender ultrasound next week which will be between November 18 and December 3!  That seems so close all of a sudden considering it's almost October!  I am going to be in labor before I know it... oh dear...

Well... I think that is about it for now!  Don wasn't able to come to this appointment because of training but hopefully he won't have to miss anymore!

Hope everyone has a great October!

I will post some picture of my belly next month... once I am a little larger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment