Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Update... the final stretch!

Today I am 37 weeks!  This link will give you more information about what is happening with Connor: 37 WEEKS.  It is really kind of crazy how much he is growing daily now!  Guess I better expect a big kid because I feel like I eat NON-STOP!

Doctor appointment went well today!  Connor's heartbeat was 146; this is the first time it has been below 150 my entire pregnancy.  Obviously normal... now he is representing a true "boy" according to doctors observations about heartbeats.  They say a slower heartbeat means a boy and a faster one means a girl.  His was 170 the first appointment and in the 160s and 150s up until now.  So I guess doctors don't know EVERYTHING ;).  My vitals were also on track.  I haven't had any swelling yet and my blood pressure is still pretty low.  No signs of preeclampsia :). 

What to expect from here on out... I had a sit down visit with my midwife about what to expect from now on.  Basically she told me that I can expect him at any time, which I knew, and that I need to be very aware of his movement from this point forward.  I have to make sure he moves 10 times within a 2 hour period and if not or if I have any doubt then I go straight to labor and delivery.  Connor generally doesn't have any problems moving on a constant basis so I don't see this portion being an issue but it is something I have to keep in mind.  I also have to watch for my water breaking, but this only happens in a small percentage of women prior to going into the hospital so I am not holding my breath that mine will break.  If it does, then I must go to the hospital right away.  They want to make sure I am in active labor not long after the water breaks because once the water is broke it is time... regardless if the body starts labor by itself or not.  The final thing she told me was that I must start recording my contractions.  If they get to the point where they are 5 or less minutes apart for more than an hour then it will be time to check myself into labor and delivery.  Regardless... there should be a baby in my arms in UNDER a month! 

I also finished pre-admitting myself (and Connor) into the hospital.  I had to fill out some paperwork and turn in the birth certificate paperwork and all of the fun stuff.  So there is nothing stopping me from wanting this baby to stay inside ANY longer.  My midwife says he is welcome at any time now even though he won't be considered full term until next Monday.  She is confident in the fact that he is fully developed and ready to take on the world. 

I hope my next update is to inform everyone that I am going into the hospital but if not then I will upload 38 week pictures and information about my next doctor appointment at the end of next week.  I go in weekly now (every Thursday, starting next week) until he is born!  Say a couple prayers that he is ready to make his appearance sooner rather than later... I would rather be up changing diapers and feeding my baby instead of listening to my dogs and husband snore (which is my current nightly routine).  Sleep no longer comes easy, but that's okay because I never really got used to sleep after graduating Maryville since I started grad school right after.  I'll sleep when I am dead... plain and SIMPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment